Paleo Rhubarb and Lemon Muffins
My Vegie box delivery arrives tomorrow and as I still have Rhubarb in the fridge I thought a nice tasty treat would be great in this cold weather. As I pondered what to do with it I stumbled across a rhubarb recipe and adapted it to what I had at home. I hope you enjoy it!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
6 large eggs (room temperature)
1/2 tsp. vanilla (I use the Organic Vanilla Bean Paste by Queen)
1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
zest of 2 organic lemons
juice of 2 small lemons
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup Coconut Nectar
1-1/2 cups rhubarb (sliced)- stems only
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, ginger and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, whisk together dry ingredients - the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest.
- Melt the coconut oil and add the coconut nectar, stirring to blend.
- Combine the wet ingredients and blend with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the rhubarb distributing it evenly throughout the batter
- Line muffin pan with 12 liners, and fill each cup with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Put the muffin pan on a cooling rack, and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to the rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy with a nice digestive tea such as Chamomile or Peppermint.