Banana Choc Brownie made with Banana flour
At a recent health expo I discovered Banana flour which is a Gluten free flour made from Green bananas. It is quickly becoming a new favourite in my household because it is high in resistant starch providing benefits for the good bacteria in our gut, helping to lower blood glucose levels and improve insulin sensitivity. It has a really mild flavour so works in lots of recipes unlike the wonderful but very full flavoured Coconut flour.
This recipe is super easy to make with only a few ingredients.
Preparation time 15mins
Baking time 30-45mins
Banana Choc Brownie
1/2 cup honey ( increase to 3/4 cup if you like things really sweet)
3/4 cup of melted coconut oil
2 organic free range eggs
1 ripe banana
1 cup Banana flour
3/4 cup of raw cacao ( I grounded up from cacao nibs to have the rich chocolate flavour from the nibs)
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg
2. In a bowl combine the honey and coconut oil and mix well
3. In the food processor add the banana flour and raw cacao powder and mix
4. Add the honey and coconut oil into the food processor with the dry ingredients
5. Slowly add in the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
6. Mix in one banana
7. Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour mixture in
8. Bake for 30mins and then check the centre with fork ( cooking times may vary).
9. Cool for 5 minutes before serving