Muffins? Weight loss? I know what you are thinking ...how does those two words even go together? I thought the same until I made these juice pulp muffins. But with the wonderful health benefits of Grapefruit (weight loss, anti-cellulite, liver detoxifier and high in vitamin C), mixed with Tumeric (super food, anti-flammatory, adaptogen) plus all the additional fibre and fats. This is a winner.
Due to an excess of Grapefruits in our household we have been juicing them with some Tumeric, Ginger and Lemon to make a strong juice concentrate to keep in the fridge. Each morning we add a TBS to add to warm water to drink first thing in the morning and boy does the body love that!
Being one to not to waste anything - I decided to try my hand at turning the pulp into muffins. Mmm Mmm Mmmm.
Brace yourself though! Think Tart and Tangy and perfect with a dollop of your favourite yogurt.
Grapefruit and Tumeric Juice Pulp muffins ~ Makes 20
- 3 cups of Juice Pulp
- 2 Passionfruit
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup of mixed linseed and hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 Organic eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalyan salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- option: blend 3/4 cup cacao nibs or instead top the muffins before going into oven
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg and line muffin tin with paper liners
2. Add all ingredients to food processor and mix until well combined
3. Spoon batter into muffin liners, filling each liner 3/4 full
4. Bake for 25-30mins or until the tops of the muffin are cooked and a knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
5. Allow muffins for cool for 5 mins before enjoying.